Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Happy Los Angeles Kind of Christmas!

I was able to spend the holiday weekend in Los Angeles, CA.



What a gorgeous Christmas Day it was! Weather 70 degrees and sunny, oh so lovely!!! No matter where you are on this holiday (or any) as long as you have Family and Friends around, it is bound to be a wonderful day!

This year, my brother and I spent the holiday together. We started this day with a fun hike, when you live in LA hiking is the thing to do besides the beach! :) I brought my brother to the Los Liones Hike, I love this hike because of the amazing Pacific Ocean Views! Also, as noted before this hike is not a crazy all day hike and can be done within hours. After the hike we headed back to our apartment to relax and play some new video games! Just Dance 3 is the game I got, I love dance offs!!!  If you have Kinect I recommend this game. It is such fun and you can play multiple players all at once, no more waiting turns. However, to warn you gentlemen some of the dances are more of the feminine sort. Makes for a good laugh though! Since, my parents and younger brothers were in Florida for the holiday we all played Kinect Live games. If you aren't familiar, basically Live allows one to play others through the internet at the same time on Xbox. My mother and I played each other in skiing and darts, FUN!

As a tradition, my family usually gets a big HoneyBaked Ham. To keep some of the tradition my brother and I did so, thanks to my amazing parents. Along with the Ham I baked some of the usual Christmas side dishes, like sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole. Yum!! For dessert I made s'mores!!! As the saying goes, merrier the more, by the end of the night we had friends who were also in-town for the holiday join us. It was definitely a different holiday celebration than the ones of my past, but it was just as special!!

Happy Christmas!!! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment