Friday, January 25, 2013

It's a Holiday Boat Parade!


 It's a Holiday Boat Parade!

Arrrr!!! My Favorite!
Back in 1963, twenty of the hundred boats docked in the Marina participated in the first boat parade and today more than six thousand boats docked and many entries into the parade. This year the Holiday Boat Parade celebrated its 50th parade around the Marina. I am lucky enough to live right behind the Marina and walked over to the Parade Route. 





The celebration began around 5:55pm (strange but ok) with Fireworks, I was not at the Marina in time for the beginning :( However, I was able to hear the fireworks burst in the sky behind me. I then hurried over to the water, where the Parade was on its way. The lights, the people with cheery smiles, and the music made it such a delightful experience. I love LA for bringing in the Holidays its own way, especially with some live and bright holiday entertainment by the water! 

The Boats that are entered into the Parade are then judged and can win Best Overall, Best Sail, Best Yacht Club, Best Character, Band, Music and many more categories.  To me at a first at the Parade, all were amazing!! To view the finalist: http://www.mdrboatparade.org/home.htm. Here are some of my photos of the night: 






















Hope y'all had some Holiday fun this year! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment