Monday, November 11, 2013

Reel Inn... time for great seafood!!

Reel Inn is located off PCH in Malibu, California and opened its doors in 1986.

Inside Dining Area
I seldom make my way to Malibu, I've only go that way to either hike or explore what Malibu has to offer its community such as the Malibu Farmers Market. The market in Malibu did not stand out, so I have not made it back there. However, whether I was venturing out or on my way to a hike I always wanted to stop at this little place on my way back to the Marina. After a year of longing to go I finally convinced a friend, thinking it would be a bar full of guys and rugged feel. Well nope, it was more rugged and cozy with a variety of patrons.


Chowder & Longboard Beer
Once you walk in there is a glass deli container that shows their fish catches of the day such as mahi mahi, lobster, scallops, shrimp, salmon and more! The menu is written above on chalk boards, you can order entrees, salads, tacos, fried baskets, soups, appetizers and even desserts. For those of you who like to indulge a bit more they also offer alcoholic beverages, wine and beer. If you do indulge just be sure to be a safe driver or non driver! Reel Inn has my favorite 'lite' beer, Kona Longboard, so instantly i like this place. Check out the menu here: http://www.reelinnmalibu.com/menu.php


 The first time I ate at Reel Inn (picture above left), back in May, I ordered the chowder and a fish taco along with a pitcher of Longboard, duh! I couldn't wait to try their eats... The chowder was just the right amount of cream. I prefer a chowder that isn't so thick, Reel Inn's was not thick at all. The chowder comes with two packs of oyster crackers. I usually tend to crunch a bag up and add it right away, but this chowder didn't need the crackers. It was delicious by itself.

Fish Tacos
Shrimp Taco
My friend ordered the same but also a shrimp taco.  Both tacos were made with two corn tortillas and a orange creamy sauce (so yumms!). The Shrimp Taco was topped with romain lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. The Fish Taco was grilled fish had tomatoes and cabbage. Reel Inn also has a small condiment bar with fresh sliced lemons tarter and cocktail sauce. I added a squeeze of lemon and some tarter to the fish taco, yes I put even more sauce on, and it was amazing!

 Reel Inn's decorations were such fun too! The pictures below was the women's bathroom door, made me laugh a bit "Reel Women" ha!


The photo to the right is a picture of the outside patio. Easily probably had 12 plus picnic tables. 

Fish Tank
Not only does Reel Inn have great food and service the restaurant is located right on Pacific Coast Highway and while sitting outside or inside along the windows one can enjoy the view of the Pacific Ocean. Makes for a great sunset view restaurant. I recommend hitting up Reel Inn a few before sunset and once you're done eating bop over to the beach and watch the sunset while sitting on one of the many pebbles. 

Satisfy your seafood craving and and mind with a fantastic ocean view! 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment