Monday, October 31, 2016

It's a simple Yellow Cake w/ Figs & Honey!

Need a simple yet delicious treat? You must try this Yellow cake with Figs and drizzled honey!



Was heading to a friends for a pumpkin carving gathering and knew the host had a preference for something gluten free, so I decided I was going to make a gluten free cake with fruit. Worked ended up being crazy that week so I wasn't sure I'd have time to make a cake from scratch... I ran to Target to see what I could find to my surprise I found Pillsbury makes a gluten free yellow cake mix - I must say I haven't been in the baking isle in quite some time so I am sure this isn't a new product. Either way, I felt in luck! Baked the cake and added the Fig and drizzled with my Farmer's Market honey and turned out delicious! Super simple, fresh and just enough sweetness!


I adjusted the instructions as I usually do not use veggie oil nor have any on hand... I suggest using applesauce!






Super simple instructions:

Pour the boxed cake mix into a bowl.
Add a 4 oz single serve of Applesauce, 3 eggs and 1 cup of water.
Mix.
Divide batter in half and pout into 2 9-inch cake pans.
Bake @ 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Place single layer baked cake on a plate.
Cut Figs in quarters and place on top of cake.
Drizzle with honey.

Enjoy!











No comments:

Post a Comment