Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Summer!

It's July and that means it's beach time!

I happen to be a lucky girl and live within a mile (or so) of Venice Beach, CA. Venice is a vibrant area of southern california which includes the beach, the ocean front walk (or as I call it the boardwalk), muscle beach, various sport courts, skate park, bike trail and many beach volleyball courts.

When I get motivation to go for a run I usually hit the bike path.  I am not sure how far it stretches, but definitely from the Marina to Santa Monica (Will Rogers Beach). On energetic days I've jogged from the venice pier to the santa monica pier. Its funny in a car that could take forever, yet its only about 3 miles!

Other days, I enjoy walking the beach, relaxing by the water or seeing the sun set. All gorgeous views!!

Just like Daytona Beach, Venice and Santa Monica Beach get quiet busy.  After living in this area for over a year I have noticed that once the temperature is of true summer weather temperature, anything above 70, tons of LA people flock to the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment