Thursday, June 23, 2016

It's a Disney World umm I mean Land

Disneyland is the Original

Yes yes I know... Disneyland is the original park built by Walt Disney's imagination and dream. Amazing as that is Walt's second creation Walt Disney World stole my heart at first. As a young child growing up in Orlando, FL I had the privilege of going weekly to Disney World with my family. The continuous trip lead myself and brothers to still love to head to either park for some fun.

At every age you can experience a different aspect of what The Walt Disney Resorts have to offer. As a current resident of Los Angeles and a cast member (soon to be annual pass) holder I like to venture out for day trips or even just a few hours. While I am not going to compare World vs Land here I'll let you in on some amazing aspects of Disneyland and California Adventure.

Disneyland ~

Walking through those gates just puts a smile on my face and walking down main street to see Sleeping Beauty's Castle (unless it is blocked by balloons) is magical to say the least. My favorite rides are the classic Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. A little known fact is that in the New Orleans area is the apartment that was built for Walt and Lily Disney to live in. Also, the store you walk out from Pirates is where Walt let Lily fill with antiques she found. Makes this place feel even more like family.


California Adventure ~

This side of the park was built in 200-- and definitely has a little more of a kick than the Disneyland side. The rides, such as Tower of Terror and California Screamin' can give a rider a rush. Toy Story Mania is definitely a favorite of mine, lots of meaning from going to the one in Florida ride on opening day. A nice adult treat is that you could buy alcoholic drinks in CA, you've got to try the Red Trolly Ale - so refreshing! My recommendation is that you grab a drink then head to Toy Story Mania, the line for that ride is usually 45 minutes.

If you have a day to go explore outside of LA, I suggest heading to the happiest place on earth!

P.S. As I get back on this blog writing train y'all will learn more about this magical place so stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment